Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Like Dust in the Wind...

So everyone in the world has dreams. I've had my share. I thought my dream was to be a chef. I went to a culinary vocational and found that i didnt want to do that as a proffesion. Now not only do i not want to do it as a proffesion, I dont even want to cook for my husband. So i went to school for a cna, thought i could follow my grandma and be a nurse. I wasnt any good at that either. I made it through the classes, got my license, but couldnt find a job. Home health was it and i failed at it. So i went to college for an rn. Thought maybe i could work in a hospital or something. Flunked out. Failed. Then i thought i could be a pet groomer...Found out that i cant get a loan to go to school. Im not good enough for a loan. Now my latest dream........something i've only told a couple people.....and its gone....just gone.....Nothing i've done in my life has been good enough. I cant seem to succeed at anything i've set out to do. I'm doomed to fall into the same path as my mother. I dont wanna be there, but i can only fail so many times before i just dont wanna try anymore. My fight has been taken from me. I no longer want to get out of bed in the morning. There's no reason to. I can only fail so many times before i give up.

2 comments:

  1. Chin up, girl. Deep breath. You can do this.
    Set a goal and go after it... relentlessly.
    Baby steps, girl. Baby steps.
    It's not going to be easy, there will be many roadblocks, but getting past them will be SO worth it.
    Trust me on this one.

    Love you,
    -jc

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG.....there are so many people who admire the life that I'm leading. And you feel "doomed" by the thought of following the same path as me? What's so horrible about having a husband and family and serving God. There's nothing wrong with trying things, or even getting fired from a job that is a bad fit. It is how a person handles disappointment that shows their true character, not how they handle success. It's too bad that you are ashamed of me Autumn, because I am proud of myself and the life that I have orchestrated.

    ReplyDelete